– How different are tours and photo tours?
Unlike travel agents who plan your holiday based on what is hot in that season with almost no inclination to offer you what you would want to see, Photo Tours are innovative ways to experience a place through the guidance of a professional photographer. All of our photo tours are fun with a loads of learning and knowledge sharing. Moreover, since the group consists of photography enthusiasts only it makes your experience your experience more focused and fun filled.
– Can non-photographers join this tour?
Yes in fact we have had non photographers including family members joining our tours to get the best possible experience.
– Is there lack of oxygen in Kashmir?
No. Kashmir is a normal hill station with max height being of Gulmarg which is at a height of 8694 ft (2650mtr). Oxygen levels start depleting only at the height of 10000ft or above.
– How many people will share my vehicle in while traveling within Kashmir
We believe in giving you sufficient space to move around to adjust quickly to situations and shoot with comfort. We will have 4+1 people traveling per Innova.
– What is the suggested equipment for this tour?
Wide angle lenses like 10-22 or 16-35 are required to capture the beautiful landscapes and cover the majestic grandeur of Kashmir. We always advise to carry a monopod / tripod to shoot spectacular low light scenes. Telephoto lenses like 70-200 or 100-400 are recommended for candid shots of beautiful local people and even compressed landscapes there.
– I am a rank beginner in photography / I only have a simple point and shoot camera. Can I be a part of this tour?
Oh yes very much! We always encourage every nature and travel enthusiast whether an experienced photographer or not to attend such organized photo tours. Feel free to be a part of this tour and get to take valuable tips home from our skilled team of experts and other participants as well.
– How many participants are expected to share a Room?
All participants are accommodated in twin-sharing rooms. Single supplements are charged extra. Please inquire with us about your single supplement charges.
– Since it is an autumn tour, will it very cold and what type of clothing is required for this tour?
Weather will be turning cold since winters are almost knocking on the doors. Keeping warm jackets is highly recommended.