Discounted price valid till 9th Feb, 2020
Abhishek Dhakate, Mastering the Art of Black & White Photography (★ ★ ★ ★ ★)
Take your photography to new heights by taking control of light in studio setup. Don’t just learn about the lighting equipment itself, learn how it can be used in several different settings and scenarios to create unique and desirable photos. If you’ve been curious about getting to know more about studio lighting for portraits, but it all seems too technical and intimidating, then this workshop is for you. This workshop is aimed at ensuring you get to use studio lights and light modifiers, and setting these up for portrait photography and in the end going with loads of confidence.
The intention with this workshop is to help other photographers understand the essentials of studio lighting, and how to achieve what they want to. After this workshop, we want you to feel comfortable next time you step into a studio, and have the confidence to experiment further.
– The Importance of Lighting in Photography.
– Lighting Equipment, Equipment Setup.
– Studio and Portrait Lighting.
– On-Floor Hands On Experience
– Participation eCertificates to all
– Studio strobes overview
– Operation of studio lights and setting up your camera to work with them
– Light modifiers overview
– Using a light meter to calculate exposures
– Soft and Hard light
– High key and low key lighting set ups
– Main light, fill lights and Hair lights
– Split, Loop, Butterfly, Rembrandt, Clamshell, Broad & Short lighting
– Choosing the correct lighting for your subject
– Effective one-light setups
– Effective multiple-lights setups
– Contrast Ratios and how to get them
– Light angle from subject and consequences
– Light distance from subject and consequences
– Essential rules for successful lighting
– Light falloff
– Affecting background with light
– Choosing Right Focal Length and Lens
– Using lighting to tell a story
Who Should Attend
Amateurs, and Advanced Amateurs
What you Should Know
Be prepared – you will get the most out of the workshop if you are familiar with your camera’s basic operations. Make sure you know how to manually adjust your shutter speed, f-stop, and ISO. You need to be familiar already with concepts such as depth-of- field.
What to Bring
You only need your camera, and a lens or two. You can bring any or all of the following Lenses with you:
– A medium-range zoom lens e.g 24-70mm or 24-105mm,
– A prime lens e.g 50mm or 85mm
– A telephoto lens like 70-200mm
– GST @18% is included in the price
– We have limited seats so registration will be strictly on first come first serve basis
– Meals are not included
– Travel to and back from venue is on participants’ cost and we will not be making any arrangements for the same
– Registration against money transfer only
– No Cancellation. No money will be refunded if a participant cancels his/her participation.
– We need min 4 people to execute this workshop. In case of less participation, we may decide to cancel or postpone this workshop at a later date.
– In case of postponement/cancellation from our side, we will either make full refund or will adjust the amount against future workshops / Photo Tours.
– We will not refund any travel and/or stay arrangements if any made by a participant to attend this workshop.
– GST component (if the same has already been deposited by Xploring Light) will not be refunded in any scenario.
– All refunds will be processed within 7-10 business days.