Kashmir in Autumn
Photo tour to Kashmir
Single Room Supplement:
Kashmir is the jewel of India and for some India’s answer to Switzerland.
Kashmir – a valley between the Great Himalayan Range and the Pir Panjal mountain range, is known for its simplicity and pristine natural beauty.
Surrounded by the snow-capped mountains, Kashmir leaves an everlasting impression on one’s soul.
While there is a lot to explore in Kashmir, in this tour we will focus on some key areas around Srinagar mainly to capture the breathtaking autumn and life of locals on old city along with the Dal Lake as well.
Pre Tour Analysis:
Each registered participant will be requested to submit their landscape / portrait related images. Our panel will analyse each image to see how to guide each individual during the tour to help them enhance their skills. We will also provide individual feedback to their each submitted image and suggest improvement points.
During the Tour:
Based on the analytical data available with us post “Pre Tour Analysis” we will provide individualized attention to all and ensure they work on their weaknesses and enhance their skills. Evening Gup Shup sessions will be learning oriented and practical tips will be provided based on the mistakes committed by participants during the day.
We shall also have atleast one evening session dedicated to post processing workflow to help them become a complete photographer.
After the tour:
Each participant will be required to submit 3 of their best images from the tour. Each image will be analysed and constructive feedback will be provided. Best of the lot will make it to our website and blog; and will be aggressively promoted on FB.
DAY 01 (Oct 27) ARRIVE SRINAGAR
After arrival at the Srinagar International Airport, we drive to our hotel and check in. Later take a Shikara ride in Dal Lake and do Sunset shoot. We spend our evening discussing the tour and individual requirements over hot Kehwa. We stay overnight at the hotel near the banks of the Dal Lake.
Day 02 (Oct 28) Exploring Srinagar
After breakfast we check out and leave the luggage at hotel which will be shifted to our overnight abode in a Deluxe Houseboat. We explore some stunningly beautiful spots to create some magical landscape images. We spend rest of the day shooting colourful autumn landscapes. We check in the houseboat. Image review session after dinner and overnight stay there.
DAY 03 (Oct 29) Srinagar to Gulmarg
After breakfast, we drive towards Gulmarg. We explore the stunning maple leaf strewn landscapes around Gulmarg and create wonderful compositions. Sunset at Gulmarg and return to Srinagar for overnight stay in hotel. We would have checked out of the houseboat in the morning and will check into our hotel at night. Image review and post processing session at night.
DAY 04 (Oct 30) Exploring Srinagar
After breakfast, we drive to some unknown spots for our photography exploration. These spots are non-touristy and will be specially managed only for our group. Image review session after the Sunset shoot. We then stay at the hotel for the night.
DAY 05 (Oct 31) Exploring Srinagar
Early in the morning before breakfast, we go to the famous floating vegetable market in Dal Lake. We experience the serenity during Sunrise and capture some great portraits and the floating market itself. We then return to the hotel. Check out after breakfast.
We end this mesmerizing tour and return to our respective places with fond memories and stunning images.
DAY 05 (Oct 31) Srinagar Downtown
This is an optional extension when we will explore downtown Srinagar and capture the ambiance of this hidden, non-touristy jewel. Overnight at hotel
DAY 6 (Nov 1) Departure
Early morning, shoot whatever we could not manage in previous days. Return to hotel for breakfast and departure.
Book for the event
• GST @5%
• Assistance upon arrival at Srinagar airport with traditional welcome in the Hotel
• Accommodation on twin/ double sharing Basis as per the Itinerary
• Meal Plan-Breakfast & Dinner.
• Return airport and round trip transfers along with all photography as per the program.
• One night stay in deluxe houseboat
• One Shikara Ride for 1 hour.
• Transportation within Kashmir as per itinerary
What's not Included
• Any airfare or airport tax
• Lunch on all tour days
• Shikara rides other than the one complimentary mentioned in inclusions.
• Professional local guide for photography spots.
• Any Kind of Personal Expenses or Optional Tours / Extra Meals Ordered
• Anything not specifically mentioned under the head “Prices included”.
• The Services of Vehicle is not included on leisure days & after finishing the sightseeing tour as per the Itinerary
• Guide fee, Camera fee & any park Entrances
• Any horse riding and/or sledging / skiing
• Medical & Travel insurance
• Additional costs due to flight cancellation, road blocks etc
• Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary/stay on account of flight cancellation due to bad weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors beyond control.
– We will have daily image review and mentoring sessions
– There will be one online Zoom session with everyone before the tour
– To ensure you get to see the unseen of Kashmir, we have taken the services of a local professional photographer who will assist us.
– Since Srinagar is the best place to witness Autumn colors in Kashmir, our photo tour is revolving around Srinagar only.
Events Terms & Conditions
* Pls. download the Travel Declaration. Fill, sign and submit it before start of the tour.
Frequently Asked Questions and Other Important Info
– How different are tours and photo tours?
Unlike travel agents who plan your holiday based on what is hot in that season with almost no inclination to offer you what you would want to see, Photo Tours are innovative ways to experience a place through the guidance of a professional photographer. All of our photo tours are fun with a loads of learning and knowledge sharing. Moreover, since the group consists of photography enthusiasts only it makes your experience your experience more focused and fun filled.
– Can non-photographers join this tour?
Yes in fact we have had non photographers including family members joining our tours to get the best possible experience.
– Is there lack of oxygen in Kashmir?
No. Kashmir is a normal hill station with max height being of Gulmarg which is at a height of 8694 ft (2650mtr). Oxygen levels start depleting only at the height of 10000ft or above.
– How many people will share my vehicle in while traveling within Kashmir
We believe in giving you sufficient space to move around to adjust quickly to situations and shoot with comfort. We will have 4+1 people traveling per Innova.
– What is the suggested equipment for this tour?
Wide angle lenses like 10-22 or 16-35 are required to capture the beautiful landscapes and cover the majestic grandeur of Kashmir. We always advise to carry a monopod / tripod to shoot spectacular low light scenes. Telephoto lenses like 70-200 or 100-400 are recommended for candid shots of beautiful local people and even compressed landscapes there.
– I am a rank beginner in photography / I only have a simple point and shoot camera. Can I be a part of this tour?
Oh yes very much! We always encourage every nature and travel enthusiast whether an experienced photographer or not to attend such organized photo tours. Feel free to be a part of this tour and get to take valuable tips home from our skilled team of experts and other participants as well.
– How many participants are expected to share a Room?
All participants are accommodated in twin-sharing rooms. Single supplements are charged extra. Please inquire with us about your single supplement charges.
– Since it is an autumn tour, will it very cold and what type of clothing is required for this tour?
Weather will be turning cold since winters are almost knocking on the doors. Keeping warm jackets is highly recommended.