Ladakh in Winters Terms & Conditions
Participation Fee: Rs. 69500/-
Single Occupancy Charges: Rs. 18900/-
- GST @ 5%
- Assistance upon arrival at Leh airport with traditional welcome in the Hotel
- Accommodation on twin/ double sharing Basis in Centrally heated rooms (in Leh)
- Meal Plan-Breakfast & Dinner.
- Return airport and round trip transfers along with all sightseeing tours by Non-Ac Innova as per the program.
- All travel within Ladakh as per itinerary in non-AC Innovas.
- Airfare for travel to and return from Leh
- Any airfare or airport tax
- Lunch on all tour days
- Any Kind of Personal Expenses or Optional Tours / Extra Meals Ordered
- Anything not specifically mentioned under the head “Prices included”.
- The Services of Vehicle is not included on leisure days & after finishing the sightseeing tour as per the Itinerary
- Guide fee, Camera fee & any monument Entrances
- Medical & Travel insurance
- Additional costs due to flight cancellation, road blocks etc
- Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary/stay on account of flight cancellation due to bad weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors beyond control.
P.S: It’s our endeavour to make this the best possible trip that it can be, but we would not be liable for delays/cancellations due to bad weather or unforeseen circumstances.
- Please note that the itinerary provided is subject to favorable weather and road conditions. In case of bad weather and inaccessibility to a destination after the tour begins, we will do our best to make alternate plans. The cost of the tour or any part of it will not be refunded in the event of unfavorable conditions anytime during the tour days, after the tour begins.
- No refunds will be made if a participant is unable to complete the tour owing to medical conditions or any other reasons, after starting the tour.
In the event of excessive snowfall at Leh airport, flights might get cancelled. Please note that Xploring Light has no control over such situations. In such event, Xploring Light will refund your tour fees after retaining Rs.15,000/- towards expenses we incur in preparation of the tour.
- Rs 5000 cancellation- if cancelled 61 days prior to start of package
- 50% cancellation – if cancelled 60- 45 days prior to start of package
- 80% cancellation – if cancelled 44- 30 days prior to start of package
- 100% cancellation – if cancelled 29-1 days prior to start of package
-Any airline tickets issued are subject to the carrier’s refund policy.
-The Tax component will not be refunded.
-Leaving a tour in progress, for any reason whatsoever, will not result in a refund, and no refunds will be made for any unused portions of a tour.
-We reserve the right to cancel any trip because of inadequate enrolment that makes the trip economically infeasible to operate or because of good-faith concerns with respect to the safety, health, or welfare of the participants.
-If a tour is cancelled prior to departure, Xploring Light will provide you with a full refund of money paid to us; except in the event that the cancellation is due to a significant event that makes it infeasible to operate the tour as planned, in which case Xploring Light will provide you with a refund and/or credit toward a future Xploring Light’ Tour, Workshop or Private Tour equivalent to the amount paid to us.
-All refunds will be processed within 7-10 business days. We strongly suggest travel insurance to protect your investment. Accommodation booked on your own behalf is excluded from this refund policy.
Terms & Conditions
- Participants who have a medical history of blood pressure, heart-related problems or asthma are advised to seek medical advice before enrolling for this Tour.
- Fitness to complete the Tour is the only criterion for participation.
- Xploring Light, shall not be responsible for injuries, damages, or losses caused to any traveller in connection with terrorist activities, social or labour unrest, mechanical or construction failures or difficulties, diseases, local laws, climatic conditions, abnormal conditions or developments, or any other actions, omissions, or conditions outside the travel partner’s control.
- Though at “Xploring Light” we take extra care in choosing the right team and itinerary to maximize chances of learning but we take no guarantees of the same and should not be held responsible in any way for the same.
- All clients travelling with Xploring Light must complete and sign a reservation form and the “Disclaimer” form.
Precautions and Measures
- For tourists travelling directly by air to Leh, acclimatization to the high altitude may take time, around 48 hours, for even adults. To counter, please drink as well as carry plenty of water. Do ask us for preventive care.
- Alcohol and tobacco should be completely avoided, as the low level of oxygen makes it very difficult to come out of a hangover and you don’t want to lose the sightseeing time, sitting in a hotel. Alcohol and coffee should also be avoided if you are in Leh on a trekking expedition. Tea, which is available in plenty, can be consumed.
- Breathlessness due to low level of oxygen is common, so one should carry energy bars to keep boosting the system. Power cuts are very frequent in Leh and Ladakh and tourists are advised to good stock of batteries and a LED torch.
- Carry your own water bottles and make sure that you use only double boiled water for drinking. Mineral water too is not sold to avoid the menace of plastic garbage. Many shops are available selling double boiled water and ask the locals for the same. Don’t miss carrying a sanitizer as hygiene can be a concern in Leh and Ladakh.
- Plastic is banned in Leh and Ladakh, so instead use biodegradable bags. Take permissions before taking a photograph of any local.
- The temperature may vary drastically from one place to another, so it is strongly recommended to carry woolens even when the day is hot when you start.
- A short yet important list to carry with you: Sunscreen Lotion, Brimmed Hat, UV and anti-glare Goggles, Windproof jackets, Comfortable shoes, sufficient medicines to take care of daily health problems arising out of high altitude, Rain and Dust Covers for your expensive camera gear (you can order the same from us as well.)
-By registering for a Xploring Light Tour, Workshop and Private Tour, the participant certifies that he/she does not have any mental, physical, or other condition or disability that would create a hazard for him/herself or other participants; and they are aware of any associated risks created by field locations, activities and weather; that they agree to follow the instructors’ directions, particularly in matters of personal and group safety, including but not limited to the importance of hydration, need for nutritious snacks, altitude sickness, exhaustion, leave no trace, sunscreen, bug dope, danger of overhangs, footing, vehicle safety, boat safety, hot air balloon safety, helicopter safety, ferry safety, common-sense safety, respect for others, etc.
-Xploring Light and its designated tour operator reserve the right in their sole discretion to accept, decline to accept, or remove any participant on a Xploring Light’ Tour, Workshop or Private Tour.
-Xploring Light and the tour operator reserve the right, without penalty, to make changes in the published itinerary whenever, in their judgment, conditions warrant or if they deem it necessary for the comfort, convenience, or safety of participants.
-Neither Xploring Light, its designated tour operator, nor its tour administrator shall be liable for any air carrier’s cancellation penalty incurred by the purchase of a non refundable ticket to or from the participant’s Xploring Light’ Tour, Workshop or Private Tour departure city.
-Baggage and personal effects are at all times the sole responsibility of the participant.
Participants in a Xploring Light Tour, Workshop and Private Tour must be 18 or over. Anyone under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian for the entire journey.
Prices are per person, based on two people sharing with private bath or shower. In some specific tours like Iceland, Norway or Faroe Islands, proper hotels are not available as we move interiors and we book cottages which have multiple rooms. These rooms may have varied bed arrangements with some even having bunk beds. In such scenario the bath and/0r shower will be shared by all occupants of the cottage.
We reserve the right to cancel, reschedule or re-route a Xploring Light Tour, Workshop, Private Tour up until last minute, due to inclement or unsafe weather conditions, safety or other uncontrollable circumstances. A full refund of the tour costs will be given. Accommodation booked on your own behalf is excluded from this refund policy. All refunds will be processed within 7-10 business days.
Xploring Light strongly recommends purchasing travel insurance that protects you and your investment in the event of a sudden emergency before or during your trip and coverage for trip cancellation or interruption, illness, injury, and damage, loss or theft of baggage, as well as emergency assistance.
The itineraries and staff presented on this website are subject to modification and change by Xploring Light or its designated tour operator. Every reasonable effort will be made to operate programs as planned, but alterations may still occur after final itineraries are sent. Xploring Light makes every attempt to provide photographic opportunities during the best possible light, but this is often compromised by daily itineraries and travel schedules. Since the best light is just after Sunrise and just before Sunset when the Sun is low, it is impossible to visit all locations during these limited hours. Xploring Light makes every attempt to instruct throughout the tour. It is important that you arrive with a working knowledge of your cameras settings. Xploring Light does not provide any classroom instruction on the basic camera operation. Don’t be afraid to ask questions and seek out your mentor when you need help.
Xploring Light makes no guarantees that you will become a better photographer.
We are here to provide the best services possible but in doing so we will not tolerate abusive or aggressive behaviour from our Guests. We will refuse to deal with and may terminate the photo tour of guests who assault our Company Representatives or who are abusive or aggressive. When you make a booking, you accept responsibility for the proper conduct of all members of your party including yourself during your stay. We reserve the right at any time to terminate the travel arrangements and/or cease to deal with any party member(s) whose behaviour, in the reasonable opinion of us or our suppliers, may cause danger, upset, disruption or distress to anyone else or damage to property. Full cancellation charges will apply and no refund will be made. We shall have no obligation to pay compensation or meet any costs or expenses (including but not limited to alternative accommodation and return transportation arrangements) guest may incur as a result of the travel arrangements being terminated.
If you damage the accommodation in which you are staying or any property, you must reimburse the accommodation provider or property owner concerned for the cost of the damage before the end of your stay if the cost has been established by then or as soon as it has been established if later. You must indemnify us for the full amount of any claim (also including legal costs) made against us. Criminal proceedings may be instigated. Xploring Light is not responsible for any costs incurred concerning a guest removed from a guided photo tour or aircraft, ship or train. Guests agree not to hold Xploring Light or any of its related entities liable for any actions taken under these terms and conditions.
If you plan to extend your tour either before or after the actual tour dates, it is your sole responsibility to make travel and stay arrangements. Xploring Light do not encourage bookings through us and even if we decide to do, it will be at additional cost payable to us at the time of booking
We reserve the right to take photographs or videos during the operation of any tour or part thereof and to use the resulting photography, videos, or recordings for promotional or commercial use.
By making a reservation on a Xploring Light Tour, Workshop or Private Tour, the participant agrees to allow his/her likeness to be used by Xploring Light, and authorized third parties, and the Tour Operator without compensation to the participant. If the participant prefers that his/her likeness not be used, he/she must notify us in writing prior to departure of the trip.
Copyright in all photographs, video, and related materials created by the participant (“tour Materials”) shall belong to the participant upon creation. The participant grants to Xploring Light a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable license to use any tour Materials provided to Xploring Light and/or the Tour Operator in any media for the following limited purposes: editorial use, promotion of this editorial use and promotion of Xploring Light travel programs
Xploring Light will not be liable for any delay in, change to or cancellation of trips due to ‘Force Majeure’. ‘Force Majeure’ means a circumstance beyond the reasonable control of Xploring Light and includes, but is not limited to, war or threat of war, riot, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial dispute, disease, industrial or nuclear disaster, adverse weather conditions, fire and strikes.
Other Terms and Conditions may apply to some tours and will be provided with pre-trip emails or mailings. By registering for a Xploring Light Tour, Workshop or Private Tour, the participant agrees to the Responsibility statement and the Terms and Conditions herein.