The Great Migration Terms & Conditions
- GST @ 9%
- 6 nights accommodation in bush tents on double sharing
- Photo Mentor Jassi Oberai and Shivang Mehta as the photography guide
- 1 evening game drive (on the first day), 5 days of full day game drives, 1 morning game drive (on the last day)
- Customised land cruiser for photography with 4 participants per vehicle
- All meals during the stay at the camp
- Complimentary water for stay and game drives
- 1 complimentary drink (beer or cold drink) per game drive per participant
- Airfare (international & domestic)
- Tips & gratuity
- Any expenses not mentioned in the inclusions
- First night stay in Nairobi in case you are coming a day earlier
- One night stay in Nairobi on day 1. We will be helping you with the booking at Royal Orchid Hotel in Nairobi. You can avail the special Nature Wanderers rate.
- Visa – On arrival Visa has been discontinued. You will have to apply for e-visa by visiting www.ecitizen.go.ke
- Yellow Fever Vaccination and Oral Polio Vaccination should be procured atleast 1 month prior to the travel
Limited seats on first come first serve basis. Discount for accompanying non-photographer companions only.
All prices and fares are quoted in Indian Rupees or otherwise specifically stated. The rates are based on current tariffs and are subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances. While we will do everything possible to maintain the listed prices, if it is necessary to levy a surcharge, we reserve the right to do so, and notification will be given at the time of final invoicing. Current rate of GST is @5% and is a part of the listed price. Any subsequent change of Service Tax by Govt. before the final execution of tour resulting in higher price will have to be paid by the participant before the tour commencement.
Terms & Conditions
Photographs shot on the tour are properties of the photographers and can be used by them for any purpose.
– Photographers abide by the rules and regulations explained by the mentor on the tour and will abide by rules that disallow cameras to be used during specific times of the schedule. (Ex. While another photographer is in action)
– The Management of Xploring Light has every right to ban and deport participants who do not abide by the rules and respect the models and crew. No refund will be given to participants who will be deported back in such eventuality.
– Xploring Light shall not be responsible for injuries, damages, or losses caused to any participant in connection with terrorist activities, social or labor unrest, mechanical or construction failures or difficulties, diseases, local laws, climatic conditions, abnormal conditions or developments, or any other actions, omissions, or conditions outside the our control.
– All participants attending Wild Migration Photo Tour organized and conducted by Xploring Light must complete and sign a reservation form and the “Registration and Disclaimer” form.
Payments, Cancellation and Refunds
To reserve space on a Xploring Light Group or Private Tour, the full amount is required at the time of your booking.
You can pay using online payment link on website or ask for account details to make NEFT transfers.
Your reservation may be cancelled if full payment has not been received at the time of your booking.
All cancellation notices must be received in writing and will become effective as of the date of the postmark (standard mail or electronic).
Cancellation deductions will be as per following policy:
- Booking amount is non refundable
- 50% cancellation – if cancelled 60- 45 days prior to start of package
- 80% cancellation – if cancelled 44- 30 days prior to start of package
- 100% cancellation – if cancelled 29-1 days prior to start of package
Any airline tickets issued are subject to the carrier’s refund policy.
The GST component will not be refunded.
Leaving a tour in progress, for any reason whatsoever, will not result in a refund, and no refunds will be made for any unused portions of a tour.
We reserve the right to cancel any trip because of inadequate enrolment that makes the trip economically infeasible to operate or because of good-faith concerns with respect to the safety, health, or welfare of the participants.
If a tour is cancelled prior to departure, Xploring Light will provide you with a full refund of money paid to us; except in the event that the cancellation is due to a significant event that makes it infeasible to operate the tour as planned, in which case Xploring Light will provide you with a refund and/or credit toward a future Xploring Light’ Tour, Workshop or Private Tour equivalent to the amount paid to us.
If we cancel the trip in progress, you will receive a prorated refund based on the number of days not completed on the tour. We will not be responsible for any refund for non refundable airline tickets or for any airline tickets purchased by the passenger directly from an airline or travel agent.
All refunds will be processed within 7-10 business days. We strongly suggest travel insurance to protect your investment.
Accommodation booked on your own behalf is excluded from this refund policy.
By registering for a Xploring Light Tour, Workshop and Private Tour, the participant certifies that he/she does not have any mental, physical, or other condition or disability that would create a hazard for him/herself or other participants; and they are aware of any associated risks created by field locations, activities and weather; that they agree to follow the instructors’ directions, particularly in matters of personal and group safety, including but not limited to the importance of hydration, need for nutritious snacks, altitude sickness, exhaustion, leave no trace, sunscreen, bug dope, danger of overhangs, footing, vehicle safety, boat safety, hot air balloon safety, helicopter safety, ferry safety, common-sense safety, respect for others, etc.
Xploring Light and its designated tour operator reserve the right in their sole discretion to accept, decline to accept, or remove any participant on a Xploring Light’ Tour. Workshop or Private Tour.
Xploring Light and the tour operator reserve the right, without penalty, to make changes in the published itinerary whenever, in their judgment, conditions warrant or if they deem it necessary for the comfort, convenience, or safety of participants.
Neither Xploring Light, its designated tour operator, nor its tour administrator shall be liable for any air carrier’s cancellation penalty incurred by the purchase of a non refundable ticket to or from the participant’s Xploring Light’ Tour, Workshop or Private Tour departure city.
Baggage and personal effects are at all times the sole responsibility of the participant.
Participants in a Xploring Light Tour, Workshop and Private Tour must be 18 or over. Anyone under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian for the entire journey.
We reserve the right to cancel, reschedule or re-route a Xploring Light Tour, Workshop, Private Tour up until last minute, due to inclement or unsafe weather conditions, safety or other uncontrollable circumstances. A full refund of the tour costs will be given. Accommodation booked on your own behalf is excluded from this refund policy. All refunds will be processed within 7-10 business days.
Xploring Light strongly recommends purchasing travel insurance that protects you and your investment in the event of a sudden emergency before or during your trip and coverage for trip cancellation or interruption, illness, injury, and damage, loss or theft of baggage, as well as emergency assistance.
The itineraries and staff presented on this website are subject to modification and change by Xploring Light or its designated tour operator. Every reasonable effort will be made to operate programs as planned, but alterations may still occur after final itineraries are sent. Xploring Light makes every attempt to provide photographic opportunities during the best possible light, but this is often compromised by daily itineraries and travel schedules. Since the best light is just after Sunrise and just before Sunset when the Sun is low, it is impossible to visit all locations during these limited hours. Xploring Light makes every attempt to instruct throughout the tour. It is important that you arrive with a working knowledge of your cameras settings. Xploring Light does not provide any classroom instruction on the basic camera operation. Don’t be afraid to ask questions and seek out your mentor when you need help.
Xploring Light makes no guarantees that you will become a better photographer.
You must be in good physical and mental health. You must be able to maintain the pace of the group throughout the tour. Any physical condition, diet, or treatment requiring special attention must be reported in writing when you register. Failure to participate in daily activities due to physical or mental health will not result in any refund. For special dietary requirements, we do our best to convey this information to restaurants and food establishments, but communication of these requirements to restaurants and food establishments is ultimately your responsibility.
We reserve the right to take photographs or videos during the operation of any tour or part thereof and to use the resulting photography, videos, or recordings for promotional or commercial use
By making a reservation on a Xploring Light Tour, Workshop or Private Tour, the participant agrees to allow his/her likeness to be used by Xploring Light, and authorized third parties, and the Tour Operator without compensation to the participant. If the participant prefers that his/her likeness not be used, he/she must notify us in writing prior to departure of the trip.
Copyright in all photographs, video, and related materials created by the participant (“tour Materials”) shall belong to the participant upon creation. The participant grants to Xploring Light a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable license to use any tour Materials provided to Xploring Light and/or the Tour Operator in any media for the following limited purposes: editorial use, promotion of this editorial use and promotion of Xploring Light travel programs
Xploring Light will not be liable for any delay in, change to or cancellation of trips due to ‘Force Majeure’. ‘Force Majeure’ means a circumstance beyond the reasonable control of Xploring Light and includes, but is not limited to, war or threat of war, riot, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial dispute, disease, industrial or nuclear disaster, adverse weather conditions, fire and strikes.
Other Terms and Conditions may apply to some tours and will be provided with pre-trip emails or mailings. By registering for a Xploring Light Tour, Workshop or Private Tour, the participant agrees to the Responsibility statement and the Terms and Conditions herein.